Saturday, January 1, 2011

More New Year...

OK - I stole this from another blog, but I really liked it! I am really obsessing over the new year. I want to remember the old and embrace the new! So, here goes...

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?

Took my baby girl to her first day of Kindergarten.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Sort of. I got my teaching cert, but now how I wanted. I resolved to be a better mom and I think I did that. I resolved to lose weight, but didn’t.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yes! A few did and a few were blessed with adoptions!

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Yes, just before Christmas.

5. What countries did you visit?

USA :)

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

peace

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

There are so many! Two really stand out! K’s first day of school and Dec. 26th, the day she lost her first tooth!!!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I would say finishing my teaching cert and becoming a real teacher. Even though I didn’t get a teaching job :(

9. What was your biggest failure?

I quit running because I felt defeated.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

None for me. K got a spider bite and a nasty viral skin infection called Molluscum.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

It would have to be K’s b-day and Christmas presents :) Well, her school supplies too!!!!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Kendall hands down!! She had a hard time adjusting to school and the expectations. For the first few weeks she jumped from green to yellow, but didn’t like it. She has been on green since mid-October! She has tried SO hard and is really doing a fantastic job.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

There are a few that surprised me, but mostly myself. Just for allowing myself to think and feel the way I do sometimes.

14. Where did most of your money go?

stupid bills

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Two things really…K starting Kinder and K losing her first tooth!!!

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?

Tonight’s Gonna Be a Good Night by Black Eyed Peas – it was K’s pre-K graduation song!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? Sadder – I have no job and no idea what the next month even holds
b) thinner or fatter? about the same
c) richer or poorer? Beyond poorer but financially speaking only

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

playing outside with K

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

argued

20. How did you spend Christmas?

Christmas morning was at home with K and C and then we went to my mom’s house for dinner. My brother was in town and my sister and two of her kids were there.

21. Did you fall in love in 2010?

I fell in love with Kendall even more (if that is even possible). She is growing and changing every day. She is turning into such a smart big girl!!

22. What was your favorite TV program?

I watch waaayyyy too much TV! I love Survivor and The Biggest Loser. OHHHH and Grays Anatomy tooo!!

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I don't "hate" anyone but there are people I just don't like! And a few have made the list this year LOL

24. What was the best book you read?

I read a lot of books. This year I made my goal of 26! I am so proud of that. I think the best one was either “Eat, Love, Pray” by Elizabeth Gilbert or “The Choice” by Nicholas Sparks

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

I don’t know that I discovered any great music per say, but I did realize I love hippie folksy music.

26. What did you want and get?

I got to spend an amazing weekend at Kickapoo Kamp with my wonderful daughter!

27. What did you want and not get?

A teaching job…

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

I liked a ton! I think Tangled was awesome and Princess and the Frog. Wait, my fav was Ramona and Beezus. Ramona Quimby was my fav literary character from my childhood and I could not wait to see the movie! It did not disappoint! I think I even am raising my own little Ramona. I see sooo many similarities in K and Ramona!!!!

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 34 this year. We went out with Liana and Michael on the weekend and saw Dear John. On the actual day I just chilled at home with the fam and a COOKIE CAKE!!!!!

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

One thing…a teaching job or just not having lost my job.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?

I tried to change my fashion a little and dress a little younger.

32. What kept you sane?

My beautiful daughter and some wonderful friends!

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Who did I fancy??? I like Jon Corbett. I like a lot of super cute boys that are famous!

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

I do not follow politics.

35. Who did you miss?

I miss my friends. I talk to them on FB or via text a lot, but they don’t all live close so we can’t really hang out as much as we would like. This WILL change in 2011!

36. Who was the best new person you met?

Hmmmm, this is a tough one. I met my friend Dayna’s mom who is really cool! I met some great mom’s through K’s school and girl scouts.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.

Hug your children tightly, even if the try to squirm away. (I stole this from the person I stole the question list from, but it is great).
Also, you can’t change anyone but yourself!!!!

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

A new one that I have been using on my blog that seems to fit WELL is “Here Comes the Sun.”
So many crazy things happened in 2010 that I feel it has been raining on me. So, in 2011, the sun is going to shine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment