Wednesday, August 29, 2012

SECOND GRADE!!!

Well, KJ LOVES 2nd grade!!!

Friday night we met the teacher and let me tell you, I fell in LOVE! Her name is Nikki Salinas. I mean seriously! With a name like that, how can you go wrong HAHAHA!!!! She is younger, she went to A&M and her room is covered in it. They have a Hollywood theme in the classroom. She is an outgoing, bubbly, super cute lady! I love her!!!! There was not a spec of the wall that was not covered in some sort of decoration! She has a futon reading area, a director's chair in another corner with milk crates and pillows on them, the kid's names are all over the place. I am VERY EXCITED about this year and the new school! She had a slide show presentation for the parents and we filled out all the 1st day paperwork so we didn't have to do it then. She had microwave popcorn on each persons desk. I couldn't wait for the 1st day! I just knew KJ would love it! I asked her if she liked her teacher and she said "YEEESSSS!!!!" Thank goodness since I am so worried about her going to a new school. She was talking to the teacher and told her that she wants to play softball for UH when she goes to college. Her teacher smiled and patted her on the head and said "Or A&M". It was cute and we all got a laugh.


She went home with her dad for the weekend and I hung out with my parents and some friends all weekend. I had asked if she could come home on Sunday evening so I could get her ready on Monday morning. He was OK with that. Well I got a call about 10:30 Sunday morning saying she wanted to come home sooner. I felt bad but I was totally OK with that! So she came home and we relaxed and then had Subway for dinner. Came home, painted her nails and toes and then snuggled before an early bedtime!!


Monday morning she jumped out of bed and got dressed and made her lunch. She was ready to go. We met her dad at the school and I took some pics. We went to the classroom and she did awesome. I was taking pics and then I looked around and we were the only parents left in there. I took a couple more quick pics and then left her :( Then as I was walking out I remembered that I didn't get a pic of her and the teacher. I ran back and snapped the pic and left again.


When I picked her up I asked her how her day was and she told me that it was great and she even made friends!!!! YAY!!!!! She wanted Luby's for dinner and Coldstone for dessert so off we went. At the end of the night I asked her what her favorite part of the day was...it was the same as the last 2 years...recess. I then asked her what was the worst part was and she said "going home" UGH! That melted my heart! SO thankful she loved it!!!

Last night the answers to those same two questions were the same :) Proud Mommy!!!!


CARPE DIEM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment