Tuesday, February 1, 2011

100th day of school

Today was the 100th day of school. I have been looking forward to this since LAST year when I heard a friend of mine talking about it. A few weeks ago in the Target dollar bin I found some 100 day bookmarks and I sent those.

I called K's teacher this morning to see if she needed me to volunteer today and she said YES! So, I got to school about 8:45 and stayed all day. She was so thankful and the kids had a blast. They made a crown with 100 starts, they wrote 100 words collectively, they had a snack bag with 100 different pieces of snacks (M&M's, Cheez-its, fruit loops, rice chex, animal crackers, corn chex, pretzels, goldfish, raisins, and honey nut cheerios). They got 100 day pins and bracelets to wear and she gave them 100 day pencil. She had them doing all kinds of activities that were 100 seconds long. She had them balance on one foot, jump around, and the hardest was 100 seconds of silence!!!! It was an awesome day!!! They all had a great time! Oh, they also read "100 Hungry Ants".

Today is also the first day of February!! BEST MONTH EVER!!! My bday is only 4 (technically 3 since I was born at 12:01 am) days away!! It is bittersweet. I am having a rough year so I am not too jazzed, but K is super excited about it so that is helping! Plus, UGH!! 35... Not exactly where I was hoping I would be but I am making lemonade.

Softball practice was supposed to start this week butttt, umm the high tomorrow is a whopping 34. I don't think 5 and 6 year olds can handle that. We are now moved up to a 60% chance of snow for Friday - YA freaking HOO!!!! I am STOKED!! I love cold and I love snow!!! I am thinking school is going to be closed! Which is cool! Sooo, next week for practice :)

I had a great talk with my nephew today who I have not talked to in a while. I just can't believe he is a grown up!!! I am def going to making those conversations happen more often.

I just posted on FB that when people think we are cold, it was NEGATIVE 20 where he lives in Montana... and NEGATIVE 57 up by the Canadian border! Ummm, I think they would be wearing shorts here this week!!!

OK, I have to go turn up the heat! HAHHAHAHAHAH

HERE COMES THE SUN!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment