Monday, July 30, 2012

Great weekend with at hint of sadness

I had a really fun weekend, but the whole time I had a twinge of guilt and sadness that my ladybug wasn't with me. I miss that girl when she is at her dad's more than anyone can imagine and when I am out doing fun things (especially things she would love and if other kids are there) I feel pretty sad and guilty.

Friday I met one of my favorite people for happy hour at Chuy's. We had a couple of margaritas and some chips and salsa and caught up! It was SO great to see her. After, I went home and relaxed and was in bed by 10:30. It was awesome!


Saturday morning I got up and met my girl at the optometrist to pick up her glasses. They had finally come in and it was time to pick them up. I got the BIGGEST hug when I saw her and I really didn't want to let her go!! She tried on her glasses, they made a few adjustments and told her a few rules and then it was time to go :( she had to go back to her dad's for the rest of the weekend...



I ran to Wal-Mart for a few things and then was headed out to Lake Jackson to hang with Liana and her girls at her moms house for the weekend. We went to the Clute Mosquito Festival. I had never heard about it before which cracks me up because I grew up in Brazoria county. We took her two babies and they rode some carnival rides (I rode a few too), ate a snow cone and played some games. It was a fun little festival, but it was HOT!!! We went back to her mom's and swam and then ate a little dinner.




After the girls were in bed we were going to go back and watch Kevin Fowler, but the tickets were $15 each so we decided to go to a little bar down on Surfside. It was cool. We sat on the patio by the water and the drinks were cheap! We made a stop at IHOP on our way home and that was a FIASCO! It took forever to get our food and there were some characters in there....

Sunday we got up and had breakfast (chocolate chip pancakes) and then headed to the beach. We stayed for a few hours then went back to her parent's to swim and have a late lunch/early dinner. It was great. I do know that I must have gained 4 lbs after staying there. They spoiled us on food and snacks! We had ice cream cones Sat night, pancakes for breakfast, and for dinner they made chicken, sausage, brisket, cole slaw, baked beans, chips, watermelon, cookies, the works!! Her parents are great! I left about 6 and came home and cleaned a little and snuggled my Hercules and was in bed again by 10:30.



Again, I had all this fun but it was not as fun as it could have been because I didn't have my baby girl. BUT, she comes home TODAY!!! And I can't wait to get my arms around her! I am going to take her back to the beach on Sunday and she is SO excited! I may try and sneak a movie in there somewhere as well! All I know is I am going to snuggle her like crazy!!!!

CARPE DIEM!

No comments:

Post a Comment