Friday, July 13, 2012

Pre-4th of July festivities!

The weekend before 4th of July, a friend of mine had a fun "pre-4th" party since the actual holiday is in the middle of the week and you can't really stay out late on that night.

We shot guns, had a few drinks, made smores, had a little live entertainment, and popped some fireworks (which tried to kill me). We had a great time and I LOVED the shooting!! I love hanging out with friends so it was a great night...until I almost died LOL!


SMORES!!!
Lemon shots - yyuummmm



Liana and me - Love this girl

Stacey, Carey, Liana and me
Chad providing some live entertainment
 Soooo, here is where I almost died! We were shooting fireworks off after it got dark, and a few people were in the street setting them off. Several of us were FAR up the driveway (at least 50 yards away) watching them. I was turned sideways chatting with some friends when all of the sudden one of them screamed and then my arm felt like it was on fire. Evidently one of the fireworks malfunctioned and shot one out of the side. It flew RIGHT AT US. A few people were hit with a spark here and there, but I got hit the worst and didn't even realize it. It hit the front of my left leg, the inside of my right leg and kept going past us. I only felt the burn on my arm and then someone brought the light over and we all saw my shorts! I never felt it hit my leg but it burned a hole in my shorts! My arm hurt pretty bad and was pretty funky and nasty for a few days. Today we are about 2 weeks out from the burn and it is barely noticeable. We got very lucky that no one was hurt worse! I know I was injured and it was a little scary, but after we were all sure that everyone was safe, it was pretty hilarious!!!!!

All in all it was a great weekend!

the burn on the bottom of my right forearm - it did not feel nice!
inside of my right leg
 

No comments:

Post a Comment