Friday, July 27, 2012

low key

This has been a pretty low key week for me. I haven't done a lot, but I am exhausted all the same.

Monday I just had dinner with my parents at Ginger Cafe and I had some sushi and edamame. I went to the gym after and I ran 3 .3 miles. I am planning on doing a 5K on 08/11 and I am trying to get back in shape. I am doing ok, but not 5k ready...

Tuesday I went to the gym when I got home then I met some friends at Big Texas North for Wade Bowen/Randy Rogers acoustic show. It was AWESOME! We had such a blast!!!!!! I got home VERY late and was super tired the next day!

Dana and I

Theresa, Brittani and I

Randy Rogers (l) and Wade Bowen (r)


Wednesday KJ had to have a cavity filled. She has 2 and this was the 1st appointment. They filled the cavity and put sealants on her back adult molars to protect them. She did awesome! She got to bring a movie and wear headphones while they worked on her and they also gave her nitrus to relax her. She chose Rio as her movie and grape scent as her nitrus flavor. I got to go back with her for a minute while they got her set up, but they made me leave while they did the work. I won't lie, this stressed me out, but it was done and over in about 15 minutes so not too bad. She was a ROCKSTAR which makes me so happy because I am still afraid of the dentist!



Yesterday I was in a BAD mood. I didn't know why. I was frustrated with the dentist from the day before because the quote they gave me for KJ's work doubled and I was not happy and then when I got to pick her up on Wednesday, she had lost her diamond earring down the water fountain at school. One of the teachers was able to recover it and we baked him cookies and wrote a thank you note, but I was still so irritated. We were running late yesterday morning and KJ was just in a la ti da mood that I was just grumpy. Well, I got two treats, a vendor came and dropped me off some Astros tix for August that I had requested so KJ and I could go and then another one came and brought my department a cookie cake!! YUM!!!! My favorite. Then I had a date last night so it ended well LOL.



Last night I had a friend come over for dinner. I made pork chops and some garlic red potatoes. I have to admit, I was nervous about the food. I don't cook that much because it is just me half the time and the other half when KJ is home, she doesn't eat enough or like enough stuff to warrant me cooking HAHA. So, when you don't do something for a while, you get rusty and forget what you are doing. Well, I kicked butt! He even complimented me on how great he potatoes were (which I had never cooked before). I don't even like leftovers but I am so looking forward to eating them! I didn't take any pics because I didn't want this guy to think I was a freak, but trust me, it was THE BOMB!!!

Tonight I am meeting my fabulous friend Courtney for happy hour. I love this girl! She is such a great person and friend, but I haven't seen her in ages. We are both so busy that it is hard to coordinate our schedules. But tonight we are both free and we get to see each other! YAY!!!

Tomorrow baby girl goes to get her glasses and then I have to go to the girl scout shop and purchase some Brownie supplies. Then, off to Lake Jackson to hang out the the Jensen girls who are finally home today from a loonnngg 2 weeks at their dads! We are going to the Mosquito Fest in Clute then out somewhere that night. Sunday we are going to hit the beach and then have a pool party at her mom's. I am going to miss my bug because she is at her dad's house and I know she would love to do these super fun things, but I know she will have fun at her dad's.

CARPE DIEM!

No comments:

Post a Comment