Friday, February 17, 2012

Positivity

I try and be positive for the most part. I don't like being in a bad mood and I really don't like when others are in a bad mood. I don't want to be around them and I do what I can to help them snap out of it. During my marriage this was a problem. My ex seemed to ALWAYS be in a bad mood. Some of it he couldn't control, but some of it he could and chose not to. I always felt like I was in a bad mood or a sad mood when at home, but when I was at work or with family and friends, I was a different person. Now that we are divorced, I am that person probably 98% of the time.

Trust me, my life is not all sunshine and rainbows. Bad things happen to me just like everyone else, but how I deal with these things is what sets me apart. Here is the deal, things happen, most of the things that happen, you can't change. SO, instead of being down and and grumpy and negative, I just choose to be happy. Being in a bad mood is NOT going to change the things that have happened so what it the point.

I had something that happened recently and it made me SUPER MAD. I thought about it and thought about it and the more time that went by, the less angry I got. I talked to a good friend at work and we talked about positivity...I told him that I was doing my best to process what happened and knew there was nothing I could do about it so why be down about it. I know God has a plan (he revealed his plan for what happened this week). My friend is super positive and strong in his faith as well so it did me good to talk to him. It was nice to know there are others out there like me and he made me remember that while it is OK to be upset, to no let it effect my overall mood.

Well, this theme of positivity has been popping up all over. I get a daily email from this Methodist preacher in Houston. They are daily reminders about your faith and how to be a better person. I love this preacher and I wish his church was closer because I would be there with bells on!! Well, this is the e-mail I received yesterday...


I have lived through a bunch of bad stuff- wars in Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan,
and Iraq; segregation; the birth of new diseases, like AIDS. Based on these and
other historical facts, it would be easy for me to say that things are getting
worse, that the next generation will have fewer opportunities than our
generation has had. From there it is pretty easy to prophesy future disasters.
Lots of futurists predict things like nuclear holocaust, world-wide depression,
famine and natural disasters due to global warming. But couldn't we just as
easily take a positive view and predict a positive future- a cure for cancer,
peace in the Middle East, and the Astros winning the World Series.. After all,
I have also lived to see things that would have once seemed unimaginable: space
travel, computer technology, and the fall of the Berlin Wall....
My grandparents taught my parents that tomorrow will be a better day.. My parents
likewise taught me to anticipate a brighter tomorrow. Why should I not pass
along to my children and my children's children the same word of hope? After
all, what we believe about the future often determines our destiny. They become
self-fulfilling prophesies.
Don't let the negative voices around you steal your faith in tomorrow.


It was so amazing! He is saying EXACTLY what I say!!!! I loved it! I shared it with all the people I love and all the ones I have been sharing my philosophy with!!

THEN...last night I saw this post on FB...it says it all again!

Just because I laugh a lot doesn't mean my life is easy.
Just because I have a smile on my face everyday, doesn't mean that something isn't bothering me.
I just choose to move on, and not dwell on all the negatives in my life.
Every new moment gives me the chance to renew anew.
I choose to be that!

SO, remember that when life gets you down, turn your frown upside down!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment