Friday, February 24, 2012

Go TEXAN day!!!

Today is Go Texan day here in Houston. The rodeo starts today in Houston and the whole city is buzzing. There were trail riders coming into the city and all the schools let the kids wear their best "Go Texan" gear. As a native Houstonian, I never thought people might not know what this meant. I saw a post on FB last night from a friend that has only lived here 2 years or so trying to figure out what the heck this dress was supposed to be. I let her know that her daughter was essentially supposed to dress like a cowgirl. I don't really dress like I used to back in the day when I wore boots and Wranglers most of the time and spent most of my time in a country bar, but don't get me wrong, I am still a country girl who listens to country music about 90% of the time. I love putting on my boots and jeans and getting cute for the rodeo...and today I had intentions of wearing my boots to work...BUT, I was all dressed and I put my boots on (I had never work them with these pants) and the pants were not long enough. If you are a Texan, you know what I mean here. So, I was running late and I didn't have time to get the other pants on. So, off came the boots and on went the flip flops. I still have on boot cut jeans and a cute rodeoish shirt. BUT!!!! I did make sure my bug was ready to go for the day. She LOVES Go Texan day which makes me SOOOO happy!!!! Her dad is NOT country. Her momma SO is. I am glad she got it from me!! Here are a few pics. Oh, I can't figure out how to turn them so, just turn your head! OH!!! Today was also crazy hat day. She made an awesome choice for hers!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment