Monday, October 10, 2011

Monday again!

I can't believe it is already October 10th...I feel like school JUST started...We are almost done with the 9 weeks and in 2 weeks we have parent/teacher conference and get the first report card from 1st grade and her test scores! I can't wait to see them! I love seeing how well she is doing! She is such a smart little monkey!!!! I am missing her!! I haven't seen that stinker since Thursday and I got some interesting news that day and it was rough to leave her as she went to her dads.

A few weeks ago I had a physical and got some bloodwork done (I hadn't had any done in...well a long long time). I have been having some weird stuff going on such as losing TONS of hair, more frequent and severe headaches, feeling tired ALL the time, and achy. My doc devided to test me for lupus and to check my thyroid (among tons of other stuff) but those were his biggest concerns. I went back and had tested positive for lupus. When you test positive they generally run another test checking your "titers." I really don't know what this means, but they are supposed to be LESS than 1:40 and mine was 1:320....SOOOO, it was quite a bit higher than it is supposed to be. I asked him what next. Now I have to see a rheumatologist. I was referred to a dr. in Kingwood and I will see him on 10/19. My dr. told me there is about a 20% chance that it could be a false positive...that doesn't give me much hope. I know of a couple of people that have the disease and with treatment they are fine. Heck, one just had a baby!! If it is a false positive, then they are going to keep trying to find out what is causing all my problems. If it is lupus, I can now get treatment and maybe actually feel better now!!!

So, this happened on Thursday. I didn't get to KJ's game until almost 6 and was a wreck when I got there. I did not take the news well. So, KJ gets on deck fir her first at bat and low and behold, her batting stance is a MESS!!!! I was FURIOUS!!!! I told her to get her elbow up and she put the front one up...I asked her what she was doing and told her to get that back elbow up. Her response..."I can't. Coach wants it like this." That was not the right answer...I gave up and let her hit. She still got a hit at every at bat and got on base every time. They only have 4 games left and she is still batting 1.000. I will just have to work with her before January to get her fixed back to the correct and comfortable way.

Friday I went to see my handsome :) We went and had dinner and came home and SLEPT! I was beat! I couldn't sleep Thursday night and it took its toll on me. Sat morning we got up and went to his son's flag football game. It was cute. I have never seen little boys play football. The rest of the day we were super lazy and in the early evening a big storm came so it was the perfect lazy day. It rained A LOT!! They have had WAY less rain than we have had here so it was awesome to actually have two days of it!!! Sunday we watched the Texans and just relaxed. It was a great weekend :) I even got to watch Smokey and the Bandit...can you hear the excitement LOL. It was actually pretty funny. I think hearing him crack up was funnier than the actual movie :)

So, here we are, back to Monday. I think this is going to be a nice easy week. Cheer tonight and 2 softball games. KJ is out of school today and her dad is going to bring her by my office! I can't wait to see her in just about an hour!!!! She makes my world so much brighter!

This weekend I have a scrapbook crop but KJ was invited to a bday party on Sat so I don't know what I am going to end up doing...I REALLY need to scrap but I hate to choose what I want to do over what she wants to do. I will have to talk to Granny (they leave for Europe next Sat for THREE WEEKS...) and see if she needs some Kendall time before they go LOL.

Anyway, have a great week. I will update with Pink Sox results!!!! They are currently 4-1-1. Not too shabby :)

HERE COMES THE SUN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment