Sunday, June 3, 2012

Weekend!!!

I had an amazing weekend! I spent time with GREAT friends!!! I am so blessed to have these people in my life!!!

Friday night I went to Pearland to go hang out with my friend Mike who was supposed to be moving but now is probably not. We had a going away party for him anyway! It was a GREAT night. I saw some people that I hadn't seen in 20 years and met some great new friends as well. It was a BLAST! Stayed the night with my friend Larissa and jumped up early on Saturday morning to go get my hair done. It was in desperate need of a root touch up LOL!

I ran by and saw my ladybug and her report card! She is a ROCKSTAR! She had all 3's and 4's again (in Humble they don't give grades until 3rd grade - i VERY much dislike this). We hung out for a few minutes then I needed to go home and take a nap!! Well, I didn't. I got caught up in stinking DVR'd shows and then a movie. I finally got up and took a shower to go out again. I was going out with Liana and Meridith to see a band that they have seen before. It sounded like a weird deal (it was at someones house...). It ended up being AMAZING! The band is called Quiet Company. They played acoustic in someones living room, but you know what, it was different, and and adventure and a FREAKING BLAST!!!! I love my friends and Liana and I have a blast no matter what we do!

This morning we slept in (all our girls were at their dad's houses) and then babysat her niece, Aylin. She is SO CUTE! She was a preemie and is sooo little for an 8 month old, but SUCH a great baby! It was super fun to take care of a baby!! I miss those days. After she went home we went and had wings. We had both been craving them for a while so we took care of that problem! We came back and I helped her pack for her trip to Destin this week. We relaxed a but and then I headed home and she went to pick her babies. It was a great weekend.

Another amazing thing that happened to me this weekend on Saturday, was that I went to church. I have not been to church in a bazillion years. I pray all the time, but I have been going through a lot of emotional crap lately. I was hurt and I can't seem to get past it. I decided this past week that I needed to be closer to God and to find a church home. I figured this was one of the things I needed to help me past this crappy way I have been feeling. So, Saturday, Liana took me to her church in Pearland. It is called New Hope and I know a lot of people from back home that go there. I know this sounds cliche, but I felt like Pastor Tim was speaking to me. It was a great message and I really took stock in what he shared. I am definitely going to take his suggestions and see if this helps me get past this time in my life. I so wish this church was closer to me because I really would like to go there, but I am going to be trying to find one around here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment