Friday, December 17, 2010

Things...

Well, I have good news and I have bad news! Chris and I are 100% fully certified teachers, BUT neither one of us have jobs...So the question is: NOW WHAT?? One of us MUST get a job. There are no if, ands, or buts about it. We need an income. Now the problem is finding one. There are very few teaching jobs out there right now so I guess we have to get another type of job. I am SO stressed you can't believe it. So, the good news is that I am finally a teacher but the bad news is that I am not a teacher! GRRRRRRRRRRR

In other recent news, Kendall has TWO loose teeth!!!!! She told me on Tuesday that a tooth was hurting. The last time she said this was a few months ago and she said it was hurting in the back. I kind of forgot about it and several weeks later when helping her brush her teeth, I saw a new molar on each side on the top that had come in. This time I told her I would check it and I forgot. Wednesday I remembered while we were at dinner with Granny and Pawpaw. I asked her which one it was and she said it was in the front on the bottom. I looked at them. You can CLEARLY see the one that is the loosest. It has kind of moved and separated from the others. I started to cry at dinner. This is just another huge step in her growing up and not being a baby anymore!! A few minutes later I checked it again and the one next to it looked loose too. So, I checked it and it WAS!!! It was so amazing!!!! Now I am on the hunt for a tooth fairy pillow and the book called "The Night Before the Toothfairy."

I said goodbye to my kids today. I thought I would cry, but they gave me a huge group hug so it helped alot!!!! My mentor was kind of like whatever - it was awkward. I am glad to be done and ready for a class of my own. After I left, I went over to K's school for her Christmas party. She had no idea I was coming. She thought I had to work the whole day. She was SO surprised when I came in! It was awesome. I helped the room mom and Mrs. McIntosh with the party and all and loved spending that sweet special time with my girl. I took a jillion pics. I just need to download them. It was super fun and again, another milestone gone by.

She had Polar Express day yesterday. She got to wear jammies to school and they got to go listen to the story being read and then went back to her classroom for hot cocoa and watched the movie. She had such a great time. She took Lulu with her to school too and they had matching jammies on. They wore super cute red sleep dresses with gingerbread men all over them! Mrs. McIntosh even sent her to the other classes to show her and Lulu's matching outfits.

I can't believe winter break is here already!!!!! Too bad I can't relax too much! MUST FIND JOB!!!! We have some super fun things coming up over the holidays!!

HAVE A GOOD CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

Here comes the sun...

Niki

No comments:

Post a Comment