Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year 2010

WOW! I can't believe that it is 2010!! An entire decade ago we were celebrating the millenium. I remember as a kid all the things I thought would happen by the year 2000 and not many of them have. We were not driving flying cars and we did not live in space. Another 10 years have passed since then and we still are not doing these things. I know technology has jumped by leaps and bounds since the 80's though. Remember being in the 80's? Remember how far off the future seemed. Sadly, the past (the 80's) is not the same distance as the future felt. I am going to be 34 this year and it does not feel like I should be that old. Time flies like crazy. When you are young people to tell you to live life to the fullest and to cherish every moment becuase by the time you blink, it will pass, but you don't believe them. Well, now I do. They tell you all this again when you are pregnant, and boy, time goes even faster when you have a baby.

Well, I can attest to that! This year my sweet little ladybug will be 5!!! Five! Really, how on earth is that possible?!?!?! She is so sweet and funny and smart, but I was looking back at pics yesterday from when we first moved into our house in Atascocita and she was so darn cute and little. It just blows my mind that in 8 short months this tiny person is going to Kindergarten!!!
She is so excited about it - I don't know if she really gets it, but she knows she gets a big girl backpack and gets to take it to school everyday. AND, she is even excited about homework! Oh she has so much to learn LOL!!

2010 is going to be an interesting year for us all. We will celebrate 15 years of marriage on Thursday, January 7th. I can't believe I have been married so long. Another thought in time flying. Also this month I will start my teaching cert classes. YAY!! I am actually really excited abou them! February will bring my b-day. Whew, 34. Nothing too exciting in March and April, but May will bring Chris' graduation from UH and Kendall's b-day. I am hoping the summer will bring peace and job offers. I am praying that we both get jobs quickly and we can quit working by 07/30. This will give us a week or two off before we begin the HUGE new chapter in our lives. Two new careers as teachers and life with a Kindergartener!

I also thought of resolutions, but I never stick to them. It is the 5th already and I have not written anything down. I have prayed about what I want to change in my life, but have nothing I am going to feel bad about. A friend of mine (Julie) posted in her blog recently that she basically had the same idea. I read it today and was so happy that I was not the only one with these thoughts. Here are some things I want to work on this year...

1. To become a better wife and mother.
2. The keep a cleaner and less cluttered home and car.
3. To exercise more.
4. To spend time talking to God every day.
5. To work on becoming a better me.
6. To try and cook more.
7. To work hard at being a great friend.

I think with my less hectic schedule this year these are things that I can work on and goals I can attain.

No comments:

Post a Comment