Thursday, December 29, 2011

Last year's resolutions and the year in review...

Here are last year's resolutions...

1. drink less soda and more water - CHECK
2. lose 20 lbs - CHECK - I have actually lost 32 lbs
3. be a better mom - I think I have so CHECK
4. play outside with K more - this one is a maybe....we did go to the park more...
5. find peace for myself - CHECK
6. start attending church - not so much


Year in Review....


1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
got a divorce

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I kept almost all of them and I MAY make some for this year

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
a few friends had babies

4. Did anyone close to you die?
yes, we lost my brother-in-law in April

5. What countries did you visit?
I didn't visit any countries but USA. I did visit a new state however! South Carolina.

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
no debt

7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
04/11/11 - that is the day my BIL passed :(

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I guess losing weight

9. What was your biggest failure?
still not teaching

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A few minor things...I found out that I have Lupus and they found pre-cancerous cells on my cervix - All is being dealt with and I am feeling VERY healthy!!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
That is a tough one.....I didn't really BUY it but I RENTED an apartment of my very own..

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Kendall! She only had one day the entire 1st semester of 1st grade that she got a mark!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The one person who always does....the EX.

14. Where did most of your money go?
GAS :)

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Several things...my apartment, my new tattoo, my new man, my new job, my new man :)

16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
A few..."Are you Gonna Kiss me or not" by Thompson Square, "Crazy Girl" by Eli Young Band, "Old Alabama" by Brad Paisley, "My Best Days are Ahead of Me" by Danny Gokey

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a)happier or sadder? HAPPIER
b) thinner or fatter? WAY THINNER
c) richer or poorer? RICHER in SOOOO many ways

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
read more books this year...I think I read.....2

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
work HAHA

20. How did you spend Christmas?
I got my monkey back on Christmas day at 11 and we came home and opened presents then went to my mommy's house to spend the day with family!!

21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
YEP!

22. What was your favorite TV program?
I have a few new ones :) Lizard Lick Towing is one of my favorites!

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't HATE anyone...but no, the list is the same...I have actually come to peace with the ones that were on this list last year!

24. What was the best book you read?
The Help

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I had the time to REdiscover country music and my love for it!

26. What did you want and get?
a Kindle Fire and happiness

27. What did you want and not get?
the lottery

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Help

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 35. The night before I went to dinner with Liana and all our babies. We went to Asian City and ate at the hibachi. We went to Cold Stone after and just had a great time. On the day of Kendall and I went to the zoo!!! It was the best zoo day EVER!!

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
honestly....nothing. Maybe having a job earlier in the year so I could have made changes sooner.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Well I lost a bunch of weight so a lot of my smaller clothes fit and I am trying to be more hip!!

32. What kept you sane?
Kendall and my friends

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
who knows????

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
the Republican race for the Presidential candidate

35. Who did you miss?
Kendall when she was at her dad's

36. Who was the best new person you met?
MY MAN!


37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Never take anyone or anything for granted. Things can change in the blink of an eye! TELL PEOPLE HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THEM! Make sure they know you love them because tomorrow is NEVER a guarantee!!!


38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"I've got sunsets to witness, dreams to dance with,
beaches to walk on and lovers to kiss,
there's a whole lot of world out there
that I can't wait to see
my best days are ahead of me"

No comments:

Post a Comment