Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend Musings

So, the weekend was great. I am now the new Vice President of the Kingwood MOYC (Mother's of Young Children). I am really excited about it. I think it is a good challenge for me and keeps me involved like I love to be. We had a pizza party and after hung out with some great friends. Kendall decided while we were at their house that she needed to get in their kiddie pool. I rolled her pants legs up and told her that she could walk in it. Wellllll, the next thing I hear is a huge splash and Kendall is soaked. She was still standing in the pool but had filled the watering can that was in there and dumped it on her head. So, she got one of her b-day presents early from Ms. Kelli - a Hannah Montana nightgown. Her and her BFF got to match. She kept saying she wanted to spend the night, but when it came down to it, she wanted us. However, she cried all the way home and was asleep in 10 minutes!

Saturday we had Gymboree which is the gymnastics equivalent to a spring recital. She was not really too excited about it until I told her Paw Paw was coming and then she was stoked. She was so excited to see him and I was so excited he came. That made my day. She ended up doing SO GREAT!!!! I was so proud of her! She did the beam with no help and jumped off the vault mat with no help onto the target. I am now doubting my decision to not sign her up again. She actually showed real potential!!

Sunday was a girls day and my sister, mom and I went to see Happy Days at the Hobby Center. It was so good! One of the best plays I have seen in a long time.

Back to the grind this week for a busy week. Kendall is having a pizza/pajama party at school on Friday for her b-day and we are sending cupcakes. Then, Saturday is her party and Sunday is the big day! 4 years old.

I will try and post some pics tonight!!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment