Monday, December 21, 2009

DONE!!!

Well, I am done. If I never do anything else, I graduated college!! I hope to one day get my masters, but if it never happens, I am content!!!! I was so HAPPY yesterday. It was emotional, but I never cried. I teared up, but I never really cried. That in itself is a miracle. It has not really sunk in yet that I am done. I have two classes that I am taking next semester that go towards getting my teacher cert, but they are the classes I have been WANTING to take for years. I can't wait to take them and learn about being in a classroom. I am now able to get a teaching job. I am waiting to start applying until February, but WOW! I did it! It just feels like another semester over at this time. Maybe in January it will hit me! I am a college graduate!!!!

It was such a great weekend. I got a great gift from Chris and Kendall. I got back from shopping and they had a big bag of stuff. They got me a Wonder Woman ornament for the tree and they wrote on the box "Because you are our Wonder Woman." Crying yet?? I sure was. They also got me a cool UH t-shirt that I had been wanting and two James Avery charms for my bracelet. One was a mortar board and the other was an apple with ABC under it. I also got some Twisted Tea (alcoholic beverage) that I had been trying to find! Saturday night we went out to dinner with friends and I received some great gifts. Courtney and Jimmy got me flowers and a Willow Tree angel and Courtney Ladd got me an awesome basket of bath goodies!! I was so excited! Later we went out to Rock, Wine, and Blues and our friends Liana and Michael came. It was so mch fun!! They gave me some bath goodies too that were for stree, sleep, and energy! I can't wait to use them!!

Sunday was the big day. It was stressful to say the least. I have to give you a back story as to why. On Friday I went to an information session at the school and they had me on the walk list with my name reversed! They had my first name as Buckalew and my last name as Leah??? How this happened I will never know, but my job on Sunday was to get my name card fixed, sit with the people that had L last names and watch for the B's. When the B's came down I had to get up and get put in the correct spot to walk with the B's and be announed in the correct order. This also brought up the issue of how my name was going to look in the program. Well, thankfully it was correct!! I was sooo happy!!! So, it ended up being better than hoped for and I got worked in just fine. Chris found almost front row seats. It was so cool when we walked down in the processional because I was in the outside row and got to see them all well. I got in my seat and it was so great. The speeches were wonderful and it felt so good to be there! I got up and moved to the new seat and it was even better! I was closer to the action! I got lined up and walked across the stage. I was so focused on not falling and shaking the President's hand correctly that I never even heard the family cheer. I got to walk by the family again after I got my picture made and saw Kendall close up. It was so awesome. I am happy that they got such great seats!!!

After the ceremony we went to Spaghetti Warehouse and had a lunch. My parents were so great to host for me. It was nice. I got to see all my family and friends too!!

I am so thankful to everyone who supported me through this journey. It has been a long and hard road, but I AM DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment