Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Heart Day!!!

Yesterday was Valentine's day. It is such an odd day. Some people hate the day and some people go overboard with the day. I have seen one extreme to the other by friends postings on FB. I think the day needs to be recognized. It is a fun way to remind the ones you love that you love them, but in all reality, you should be doing that every day. Valentine's day just gives them that extra kick!! One of my biggest things is to make sure I tell the people I love that I love them. I do this often. I want them to know how I feel. You never know what tomorrow may bring.

My family had a huge unexpected loss in early 2011. We lost my brother-in-law. He was an amazing person. A great husband, a wonderful dad and grandpa and just a great man over all. The one thing we all knew was that he LOVED his family! He loved his wife and daughters and he never let them wonder if he did. He loved us all. He left this world way too soon, but no doubt he was loved and he loved back!!! It was very unexpected. I don't want to take the chance of me leaving or someone I love leaving the world again and them not knowing where I stand. Rocky's passing had a profound effect on me in so many ways, but most of all how important it is to tell people I LOVE YOU!

Living in a different city than your Valentine isn't fun, but luckily we both had our babies last night so even though we couldn't be together (we celebrated this past weekend), we each got to celebrate with the most important people in our lives. I know how he feels and he knows how I feel and we were both right where we needed to be. Plus, next weekend he is giving me the rest of my gift ( a fun little day trip).

KJ was supposed to have practice last night but because of the rain on Monday it was cancelled. As much as I love softball, I was so thankful for the cancellation. This meant a whole evening with nothing to do but snuggle my baby!!!!! We were going to go visit the new baby (more on that momentarily) but it made KJ sad that she wasn't going to be able to see her so I will just go today. Instead we snuggled, she played a little DS, we made homemade pizzas, and watched the Hannah Montana movie (again for like the millionth time). It was a PERFECT night. I couldn't have asked for more. We also exchanged presents. On Monday night she gave me this beautiful heart necklace. It is a little heats linked with a bigger heart. She says it is me and her and we are BFF's. Then last night she gave me a love note she made at school, a cute card, and this cool electric flower that when you press a button it opens and closes. I gave her an angel teddy bear, some cool double tipped markers, two pencils, a card, a notepad, and some chocolate. She loved it all. We had the best Valentine's EVER!!! Did I mention we snuggled??? I love snuggles from that girl!

Now, as for additional blessings, my great nephew (yes, I have an odd family and I know I am only 36 with a great nephew) and his fiance had their baby yesterday!!! We have all been waiting for this beautiful blessing to arrive! We found out just after my brother-in-law passed last year that she was expecting. Weird how things work out...So, she was due on 02/11 (which was the 10 month anniversary of Rocky's passing). She had the baby yesterday. Now, I am a firm believer in God's work and things happening for a reason...I do not think it was a coincidence that the baby was born on Valentine's day. I think that Rocky sent her to Mason and Emily (and Mona and Doug and Bonnie and Michelle) as his Valentine's present to them. She could have been born on the 10th or the 12th but no, the 14th. Did I mention that he LOVED his family???? So, yesterday our family welcomed little Kaylie Renae at 12:41pm. She weighed 8lbs 9oz and from the pics I have seen, she is GORGEOUS!!! As mentioned, I didn't get to see her last night because KJ was beside herself about not being able to see her too. So, I am going to go at lunch today and start the spoiling!!!!!!!!!!! KJ was happy it was a girl because according to her, we have too many boys in our family and we need more girls. I agree! Girls Rock!!!

Hope you all had a Happy Heart Day and your loved ones told you they loved you!

No comments:

Post a Comment